Wednesday, October 22, 2008

If Only... IFOA... International Festival of Authors

I say "if only..." because I know I won't end up going to any of these readings. And, of course, I think saying the acronym out loud is kinda funny. LOL. It's a great festival though, and I thought it would be worth a post on here...

The 29th Annual International Festival of Authors runs from October 22nd to November 1st, and features readings, interviews, lectures, round table discussions and book signings with the most popular Canadian and world literature writers. It all goes down at the Harbourfront Centre.

Some of the authors we've read in our book club will be making an appearance, like David Bergen, Joseph Boyden, Austin Clarke (our fave! lol), Paul Quarrington, and David Adams Richards. Other authors I'd like to see include Farley Mowat, Roddy Doyle, Rohinton Mistry, Nino Ricci, and M.G. Vassanji.

I'd actually be interested in going to see Farley Mowat on November 1st (it's $15). Anyone wanna join me?

No comments: