Sunday, March 26, 2006

Capote

I finished Breakfast at Tiffany's and decided I wanted to watch Capote, so I rented it.
It is a good and interesting movie. Since I didn't know much about Truman Capote I looked him up on Wikipedia.
It was exciting to see that he was a childhood friend of Harper Lee's (and she is in the movie too), some people thought that he had ghost written To Kill a Mockingbird. The character of Dill was inspired on him.
I haven't seen the movie in a long time, but after reading the book I remembered that Breakfast at Tiffany's (the movie) was a bit different. First, Holly Golightly is supposed to be a blonde, and Audrey Hepburn is most certainly not. Well, apparently Capote was not amused with the character being toned down to appeal to the mass audiences for the movie.
Really interesting.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm definitely going to watch Capote before reading Breakfast at Tiffany's, that is if I can ever find it availbale at Blockbuster. Maybe I'll pick it up tonight when I return my other movies!

And I think we should watch Breakfast at Tiffany's when we meet to discuss the book- like Maria suggested.

Maria said...

Yeaaaay, watch a movie, yaaay!

Unknown said...

yeah let's watch it, but maybe not that same night cause then we wont get to chat as much.

does anyone own it?

Unknown said...

Hmmm, I think we should watch it the same night. We did it for To Kill a Mockingbird, and it worked out well. I think, anyways... Maria? Julia? What do you think? We can meet at like, 6:30, eat dinner and discuss, and start the movie at like, 7:30-8pm? Or is that too late??