Saturday, April 22, 2006

And the winner is...

Not that I remembered to actually listen to the Canada Reads debate on CBC Radio...

Musician John K. Samson was the winner of this year's debate, defending Miriam Toews' A Complicated Kindness. I really wish that I'd remembered to listen- I think the whole Canada Reads program is so cool. I'm such a book nerd- I know. Especially since I would've been able to consider the arguments more personally, seeing that we read Deafening a couple months ago (which I thought was excellent- good choice Erin- wherever you are!) Why didn't they broadcast it on television, like last year, I wonder? They need to make it as big a deal as like, Canadian Idol. Imagine that? It'd be cool if we could choose the books that were discussed. Books as popular as pop stars? LOL

I'd actually forgotten that Three Day Road was on the list for Canada Reads, also. I hope everyone enjoys it- I'm gonna start it soon, on this rainy Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»